Monday, February 13, 2012

Life is Busy ... But God is Good

I've been meaning to do a new post for about a week now, but, you know, life gets busy and some things fall by the way side. But I'm back now.

I'm in the process of completing some projects and starting new ones. I always have something crafty going. I can't live any other way. Normally, though, I have more than one crafty project in progress.

Most recently I finished a pair of knitted baby leg warmers. I found the pattern on Ravelry (love this knitting/crocheting network - I'll send you an invite if you want one) and I just LOVE how they turned out! No, I am not pregnant, so these won't get used for what they were created for for some time. But, I have discovered they make just great arm warmers. See:

I'm almost done making a pair of absolutely wonderful fingerless gloves for myself. I had made a pair of these for my good friend, Emily, and fell in love with them. I just must have a pair for myself. I'm hoping to finish these in the next couple of days. This pattern is from Pinterest.

I just received some yarn in the mail from Knit Picks that I ordered for a new project. A friend of mine was wearing this beautiful cotton sweater vest a few weeks ago at church. I took one look at it and thought, "I can make that." I've found the perfect yarn and I'm trying to do just that. We'll see how it turns out.

I just finished or should I say almost finished a toilet paper roll art project. The paint job needs a little touching up and then I shall share pictures. I'm really happy with it so far and at the recommendation of my 10 year old brother, I think it shall be hung over my kitchen/living room archway on the kitchen side. I've painted it red and I think I have finally decided that the colors of my kitchen will be dark brown (the cabinets) with accents of red and maybe a bright yellow. I haven't fully decided about the yellow. Thoughts, anyone?

And yesterday I made these moist with a hint of sweet, sweet potato biscuits.





So life is busy and I don't get on here near as much as I want to. However God is SO GOOD! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and for the first time in my life, it is more than just February 14th. For the first time in my life, I have a special someone to celebrate. One year ago, I was still clueless to the adventure I was walking into: in six months time, I started dating, was proposed to, and married my husband. And now I've been married to him for just over five wonderful months. It's been the best year of my life; the busiest for sure, but the best!

No comments: