Thursday, April 18, 2013

A New Blogging Start

It is time ... It is way passed time to start blogging again. There is so much about my life that I would love to share if I can just carve out the time to do it. So I'll just start with what I've been up to recently.

I started an Etsy shop to sell my hand knitted and hand crocheted items and whatever else crafty I make. https://www.etsy.com/shop/kendratishhouse

I've been making stuffed animals; elephants and giraffes so far with a hippo coming soon.

I'm growing a baby, due the end of August. I love feeling his or her little kicks and tumbles and we are waiting to find out if this little one is a he or a she.

My husband and I are raising a massive garden (ok well not that massive, but much larger than anything we've ever done). We are actually for the first time doing a CSA which stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Pretty much we grow the veggies and people pay us in the beginning of the season for weekly (or biweekly) delivery of whatever veggies are in season, starting in May and going through October. It's quite the undertaking, but now that peas, lettuce, radishes, turnips, turnip greens, mustard greens, and spinach are raising their little green heads, it is getting exciting and rewarding.


Oh, and we have 9 chickens that will start laying eggs for us in July. Can't wait to have our own eggs!

We've completely overhauled our diet and now eat organic, raw, and non-GMO as much as we can. Which means EVERYTHING gets made from scratch even coffee creamer and ice cream. It's a lot of work, but we've seen the benefits of it already in improved health. For example, I did not suffer any morning sickness through my first trimester and I attribute that to a diet rich in vitamins and nutrients, especially fat soluble vitamins. Also my husband, is naturally pale and burns easily, however now that we've changed our diet, we've noticed he is less susceptible to burning when out in the sun all day.

So anyway, I'm hoping to be making regular posts here again; posts on the things I'm passionate about, the things I craft, and the things I learn. So look for posts on knitting and crocheting, health and nutrition, and the exciting journey of growing a baby!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep your web-site habitually upgraded using exceptional substance and in addition it might finally
come to be a power world wide web! These are words which
points out what your publish is all with regard to.


Feel free to visit my web blog; how to find affordable seo services