Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hunger & Striving


I hunger … I hunger deeply, insatiably, for the Lord … to know Him more … to love Him more …

Somewhere along the line, in my hungering, I start walking in striving …
Striving to love the Lord more … striving to know Him more … striving … spending my time doing the “right” things apart from relationship …

Then I wonder why I’m still hungry … why my hunger is not being satisfied …
But I’ve been attempting to satisfy hunger outside of relationship …

God never allows that … so He waits … patiently … for me to realize that I’ve left Him at the side of the road … that I started journeying on my own …

He waits for me to say, “I’ve missed You, I want to walk with You again.”

And He says, “Be still and know that I am God.”
“That’s it, just be and be still and know and rest in knowing …
“Rest like a weaned child in her mother’s lap … content … peaceful … confident …
“This is your place … don’t leave it, daughter, child, My love …
“Don’t leave this place …”

No comments: